Friday, March 24, 2006

Fool me once shame on you...



Is this increasingly popular phrase a meme, or just a popular phrase...Does the fact that it has inhanced the meaning of the original expression make it a meme? You comment.

"There's an old saying in Tennessee -- I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee -- that says, fool me once -- shame on -- shame on you. You fool me, you can't get fooled again."

-- George Bush. The saying he was trying to dredge up was "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." Even better, Dubya was speaking at a literature magnet school. I'm sure it was a learning experience for the kids. East Literature Magnet School, Nashville, Tennessee, Sep. 17, 2002
Paste link below in your browser...

Click here to listen to the phrase.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home